Sunday, July 5, 2020

Day 42 - Do Not Fear:  God's Word of Hope for Every Day!

Today's Do Not Fear is from Isaiah 54:4-8, which is a Do Not Fear for the people in Babylon with the promise that their captivity will not last forever!  Here are a couple of those verses:

Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame.
Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated...
For a brief moment I abandoned you, 
but with deep compassion I will bring you back
In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,
says the Lord your Redeemer.

In the devotion I introduce you to a Hebrew word, Hesed!  Pronounced kind of like Hey-Said!  Hope you enjoy!


And here's another great song entitled O My Lord by Casting Crowns:




No comments:

Post a Comment